Muhammad Sanusi II was on Monday deposed as Emir of Kano over supposed infringement of the conventions, customs and practices of the antiquated city by Kano State Government.
He was supplanted by his cousin, Emir Aminu Ado Bayero, who was the Emir of Bichi, until his rise.
While he kept going as Emir, Sanusi was noticeable as well as straightforward
Here are five things to review about the flashy banished customary ruler:
1. He is a brave and undiplomatic man who expressed his genuine thoughts without reservation: At a capacity years prior, he said honesty must go with ability to proceed as a pioneer.
2. He is one of the frank Royal Fathers: Sanusi talked unafraid. He once blamed Governor Umar Ganduje for setting out on a celebration to China. Incredibly, the senator was directly at the occasion.
3. He was consistently on the talk circuit: The deposed Emir was constantly an enjoyment at each talk. He wowed crowd with authority of words and issues. He never talked without praises and applauds.
4. He was suspended as CBN Governor: The previous MD/CEO of First Bank was later designated as Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Governor in 2009 by late President Musa Yar’Adua.
In 2014, President Goodluck Jonathan suspended him in the wake of raising the caution on the US$20 billion NNPC embarrassment.
5. He was disparaging of government’s approaches: Sanusi was loathed as Emir by the northern traditionalists for his straightforwardness. He once impacted the State Government for lost needs. He additionally scrutinized numerous practices in the north, calling for changes in an area that is generally viewed as traditionalist.